February 20 – Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
February 21 – Friday at 8:00 p.m.
February 22 – Saturday at 8:00 p.m.
February 23 – Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
BERLIOZ’S SYMPHONIE FANTASTIQUE
THE CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA ABOUT
Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor BIO
Michael Tilson Thomas (b. 1944)
Meditations on Rilke ABOUT
(six songs to texts by Rainer Maria Rilke)
1. Herbsttag [Autumn Day]
2. Ich lebe mein Leben [I Live My Life]
3. Das Lied des Trinkers [The Drinker’s Song]
4. Immer wieder [Again, Again]
5. Imaginärer Lebenslauf [Imaginary Biography]
6. Herbst [Autumn]
(Sung in German with projected English supertitles.)
Sasha Cooke, mezzo-soprano BIO
Dashon Burton, bass BIO
Hector Berlioz (1803-1869)
Symphonie fantastique, Opus 14 ABOUT
Episode in the Life of an Artist
1. Reveries: Largo —
Passions: Allegro agitato e appassionato assai
2. A Ball: Waltz: Allegro non troppo
3. Scene in the Country: Adagio
4. March to the Scaffold: Allegretto non troppo
5. Dream of a Witches’ Sabbath: Larghetto — Allegro
Live radio broadcast
Saturday evening’s concert is being broadcast live on WCLV (104.9 FM). The concert will be rebroadcast as part of regular weekly programming on WCLV on two Sunday afternoons, April 26, and July 5, at 4:00 p.m.